Iceland Segway Tours
©RST 2016 || Email: email@example.com || Call us or text: +(354) 897 2790
Frequently Asked Questions about Segway Tours
- Age limit: Participants must be at least 15 years of age and those under 18 must travel with a guardian.
- What is a Segway: Segway Personal Transporter (PT)® is the first of its kind. A self-balancing, personal transportation device designed to go nearly everywhere people go. Easy to use and operate, the two-wheeled Segway sports high-tech gyroscopes that automatically respond to your body’s movements, “sensing” when it should speed up and slow down. You stand on a small platform between left and right wheels as you hold onto handlebars at a comfortable waist height. The Segway handles the balancing for you, so that you’re always upright as you glide through any environment. Reykjavik Segway Tours uses only the new i2 machines!
- How far in advance must I book a tour: Reservations are required for our Segway tours and typically, we recommend booking 3 to 5 days in advance to be sure there is enough space available. During the summer, holidays, and weekends, you may want to book even earlier. Walk ins are welcome, but are subject to availability. Many of our Segway tours sell out so reservations are required. For our bike tours reservations are not required but are highly recommended, especially if you have children. You can send us an email, call us, Skype us, or send sms/text message.
- What is your cancellations policy: Space is limited on our Segway tours which makes it necessary to get timely reservations. When you reserve a tour, we schedule our exceptional guides and support staff to make your Segway tour the best experience possible. For this reason we require a minimum of 48 hours notice for cancellations and/or rescheduling of tours. If you fail to meet your appointment, we still incur the same expenses, we probably have turned away others guests that would like to go on tour, and tour guides may have shown up just for your group. Therefore, there are no refunds for those guests who fail to show for a reservation or cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled departure of the tours
- Do you still go when it is cold or when it rains: Yes, indeed. We supply protective clothing if you don't bring enough. There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.
- Do you still go when there is snow and ice on the ground: It depends on several factors but the general answer is no. The Segway does not do so well when there is snow and ice on the ground as the tires won't get traction. Without traction the machine does not keep balance.
- Must I fill out some forms before the start of the tour: Yes, we have two forms for each group that comes in. Every person in the party will need to fill out a simple release form. We also need one credit card number for each group to keep on file during the tour. Alternatively, we accept EUR 200 in cash. The credit card will not be charged, or even pre-authorized, unless damage to the machine occurs on tour. The cash is refunded after the tour.
- Can I rent a Segway without a guide: At the moment we do not rent our Segway machines without a guide.
- What sets Reykjavik Segway Tours apart from other tour options in Reykjavik:
- Riding a Segway is a unique experience. You'll see the sights in fun and easy way and you're always connected to nature, unlike traveling in a vehicle. The Segway experience is unique, empowering and liberating at the same time. All of a sudden walking on water does not seem impossible.
- Our guides have completed a strict one year tourist guide course approved by the Iceland Tourism Board. They provide great insight into Iceland's capital.
- Reykjavik Segway Tours was the first of its kind to offer scheduled tours by Segway in Iceland. The first Segway company in Iceland is SegVeyjar. Founded in 2010. SegVeyjar has offered scheduled tours since summer 2013.
- Our group sizes are small and personal, usually smaller than 6. That means you’ll have time to stop, take pictures, and ask questions, throughout the tour as well as have an easy access to our tour guides who can provide you with great insight for your time in Reykjavik.
- Is there a weight limit to ride a Segway: Yes, the weight limit is 100-260 pounds (45-115 kg)
- I'm pregnant, can I still go: No, please don't because you will be more sorry than us if anything goes wrong.
- How do you communicate with the guests during the tour: We stop regularly to rest, and provide interesting stories and information during the trip. We love looking at our guest when we talk :-)
- More questions: Please contact us, we'd be most happy to hear from you.